The advantage of eyelash extensions is that you almost no longer need mascara. But to make the wow effect last even longer, there are a few simple things to do (or forget) every day to take care of and extend the life of these synthetic eyelashes. You can check Misencil.com/ if you want to learn more about eyelash extensions.
Eyelash Extension Care Tips
That’s it, the extensions are in place, and we finally have the deer look we dreamed of! From now on, it is a matter of taking care of them, every day, to make them last as long as possible. Because if each extension falls when the natural eyelash ends its life cycle, it also depends on the care taken. Here are some recommendations to optimize the installation and duration of the extensions, and keep an eye on the top:
- A small brush is used daily to untangle them and remove dust.
- Eye make-up is gently removed with a specific, non-greasy product, using fingertips or reusable foam make-up removal macaroons.
- To maintain the effect, touch-ups can be done 4 to 6 weeks after application.
These gestures not to be done
Be careful, if you want your eyelash extensions to last for several weeks, you try to lose your (bad) habits. Here are some of them not to be reproduced:
- Rubbing your eyes! This goes without saying, if you don’t want to lose all your extensions after a few days.
- Touch its extensions (even if it may be tempting).
- Use cotton wool make-up remover. The fibres may get stuck to the lashes!
- Use a mechanical eyelash curler, as this device breaks eyelashes AND extensions.
- Apply a greasy product such as make-up remover oil to your eyes. The glue doesn’t really like it and the link between natural lash and extension may not hold. If you are a fan of this type of make-up remover, apply it to the rest of your face, carefully avoiding the eye area.
- Apply a dye or perm to the lashes.
How long do lash extensions last?
Waterproof, the extensions are resistant to everything: swimming, sauna, waterbike, Zumba, yoga, tennis match, laughs, crying…. The result is amazing at least 3 weeks, but can last up to 6, depending on the care you take. The less make-up you wear (eye shadow, kohl…), the less fragile the eyelash extensions will be when removing make-up. If you become a fan and on the same principle as nail gel, it is possible to go back to your beautician for a filling every 3 to 4 weeks, which is obviously cheaper than a complete application.
We all dream of XXL lashes with a perfect curl and without going through the tedious make-up removal/make-up boxes. This beauty fantasy became a reality thanks to eyelash extensions. Volume, length or both, it is up to you to decide on the desired effect. Because the extensions are available in different curves and lengths (9, 11 and 13 mm), for natural or sophisticated Betty Boop effects. It is also possible to mix black and coloured eyelash extensions (extensions are available in blue, turquoise, pink, pink, and red and green), for an original look to handle with caution, it is not just for an evening. It can be an alternative to mascara that promises to make lashes grow faster. We opted for a sophisticated effect and a glamorous curvature.